Plant-Based Recipe: Banana Donuts
Upgrade your breakfast line with a plant-based banana donut. Not only is this donut made with entirely plant-based ingredients, but it’s also delicious. iTi Tropical’s Innovation Team has used banana puree in place of eggs, coconut cream in place of milk products, and organic virgin coconut oil in place of butter to create a flavorful donut. The banana puree imparts a sweet, natural banana flavor while the coconut cream and oil impart a slightly more neutral flavor to balance out the banana for a well-rounded flavor.
Check out the recipes below for the donut and coconut cream glaze!
|All Purpose Flour||49.82|
|iTi Coconut Cream- 24% Fat||7.02|
|iTi Organic Virgin Coconut Oil||1.93|
|iTi Banana Puree||9.12|
|**Canola Oil||1.5 qts.|
**Canola oil is only used for frying, so it is not included in the total amount for ingredients.
1. Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer or large pot. Bring the oil to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder today. Melt 2990 Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and add to the flour mixture.
3. Add 2200 Coconut Cream, water, and eggs. Mix until smooth. Knead the dough for three to four minutes, then place the dough onto a floured surface.
4. Roll the dough out so that it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut out donuts with a donut cutter or two different sized round cookie cutters.
5. Carefully drop the donuts into the oil, only a few at a time to avoid overcrowding. Let the donuts fry for 1 1/2 minutes, flip, and fry for another 1 1/2 minutes. Place onto a wire rack to allow donuts to dry. Add desired toppings.
Coconut Cream Glaze
|iTi Coconut Cream- 24% Fat||3.51|
1. Measure all ingredients.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Glaze will be thin.
3. Dip finished donuts into the glaze and allow excess glaze to drip off.
Tags:  banana donuts