Available Employment Opportunities
iTi Tropicals offers a friendly, progressive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a bonus plan and 401(k).
Inside Sales Representative
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks a bright, energetic and detail oriented person with 1-3 years of internet or inside sales experience, preferably in the food industry. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task while paying strict attention to detail. The right candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products and be able to manage a large volume of email traffic. This is a full time position located at iTi headquarters in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
- Respond to sales inquiries via phone and email in a timely, professional manner
- Present and explain iTi products and services to customers and assist in meeting their needs through each stage of the sales cycle
- Understand sales call objectives
- Prepare quotations and present approved quotes to customers
- Manage order from initial customer contact through acceptance of order. Responsible for compilation and verification of all data and information required for order booking and fulfillment.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up as needed
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with established and prospective customers
- BS/BA in Food Science, Business Administration or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in internet or inside sales, preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Self-motivated with solid organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Handle multiple issues simultaneously and effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred but not required
Senior R&D Innovation Technologist
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks an experienced, creative individual with a strong food science background to join our team. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of R&D/Innovation experience in the food/beverage industry, possess strong technical background and excellent communication skills. Some domestic travel required.
The Senior Innovation Technologist is responsible for developing new formulations and ideas to drive innovation by supporting innovation activities with design work and facilitation of testing through the lab for internal as well as external projects. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for conceptualizing new ideas, flavor profiles and formulas using iTi’s product line of fruit juices, purees and concentrates. He/she will work directly with the Innovation manager to determine needs for innovation projects, establish timelines and goals, and address any questions or issues that may arise.
- Grow the Innovation Library of Formulas
- Support a communication flow through product management and the sales team for formulations and ideas
- Support sales team on customer visits with product tastings and technical presentations
- Monitor, explore, and share new information, technologies, products processes and trends within the food industry
- Maintain the Innovation Lab and R&D areas
- Interact with customers on specific formulation or product questions
- Be a contact for the sales team on questions related to products
- Set up innovation tastings when sales team is in town
- Review and provide feedback on new experimental materials, including sensory, and potential for use in applications
- Attend industry tradeshows and any relevant courses
- Order and maintain inventory for trade show materials
- Compose trip reports and determine how best to apply innovation ideas for both internal and external customers
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in related food science field preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
iTi Tropicals offers a friendly, progressive work environment, a competitive base salary along with an incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401K with company match.
Technical Sales Manager
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks an experienced, highly motivated Technical Sales Manager to join our team. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills.
• Developing customer-based strategic plans for new and existing customers
• Identifying prospective customers and cross-selling across multiple product lines
• Interfacing at all levels of a customer’s organization including R&D, Food Safety, Marketing and Purchasing while developing personal relationships with key decision makers
• Making technical sales presentations that showcase iTi’s product lines
• Attending national and regional trade shows
• Gathering and analyzing customer needs and interests and identifying new application opportunities for existing and new products/services.
• Minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry
• B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related discipline
• Strong, existing relationships with food & beverage manufacturers
• Proven success and a solid track record of selling commercial ingredients
• Strong project management, planning, organization, and communications skills
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Domestic travel required.
iTi Tropicals offers a competitive base salary along with a bonus plan and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401K with company match.
Please submit resumes through our Employment Opportunities page on our website: https://ititropicals.com/employment-opportunities/