Available Employment Opportunities
iTi Tropicals offers a friendly, progressive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a bonus plan and 401(k).
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks a bright, energetic, and detail–oriented person with at least two years of administrative experience in the commercial food and beverage industry.
This position provides administrative support to the product management groups. In addition to general office duties, job responsibilities include inventory management and procurement support, sales team support, and special projects. Management of routine e-correspondence and fielding of everyday questions pertaining to products and procedures are also required. The candidate will interact with a diverse group of important suppliers and customers as well as contact with all levels of staff within the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize workload. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task while paying strict attention to detail.
- Provide support on all levels to the Project Managers including contract maintenance, inventory costing, allocation and management, handling phone calls and emails from suppliers and customers, and “helping out” wherever possible
- Confirm customer orders, provide order details to Logistics/Trade Services Departments, inform customers of product release and provide the associated, relevant documentation and instructions in a timely accurate manner
- Provide administrative support to the President including organizing technical documents, marketing materials, contracts, and proposals, as requested
- Provide technical food science documentation to sales staff
- Review vendor shipping schedules and provide a markup of the current schedule with special attention to any serious deviations that may impact customer production schedules
- Maintain database for website contacts as related to marketing news blasts.
- 2 years’ experience in a fast–paced office environment, preferably in the food industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and communication skills
iTi Tropicals, located in Lawrenceville NJ, offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with company match. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 8:30 to 5:30.
Entry Level Accounting Position
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks a bright, energetic, and detail-oriented person with 1-2 years of general accounting experience. Recent college graduates are welcome to apply – internship experience will be considered.
This position will provide support to the Accounting/Finance department and will assist with processing customer invoices, vendor billing, reconciliation of accounts, financial reporting, and special projects, as needed. The candidate will have visibility to all aspects of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as well as analytical analysis of General Ledger accounts.
- Assist with the processing of customer invoices and payments ensuring that Accounts Receivable records are accurate and up to date
- Reconcile customer accounts, research and resolve any customer inquiries and discrepancies
- Assist with maintaining Accounts Payable including collecting vendor invoices, obtaining proper approvals, coding and input to the accounting system
- Reconcile vendor statements and invoices
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
- Analyze asset, liability and operating accounts, research and resolve any inconsistencies
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects, as needed
- Assist with preparation for external audits.
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with solid organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office
- Strong Excel skills a must
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks Online preferred
iTi Tropicals, located in Lawrenceville NJ offers a friendly, progressive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a bonus plan and 401(k) with company match. This is a full-time position.
Inside Sales Representative
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks a bright, energetic and detail oriented person with 1-3 years of internet or inside sales experience, preferably in the food industry. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task while paying strict attention to detail. The right candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products and be able to manage a large volume of email traffic. This is a full time position located at iTi headquarters in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
- Respond to sales inquiries via phone and email in a timely, professional manner
- Present and explain iTi products and services to customers and assist in meeting their needs through each stage of the sales cycle
- Understand sales call objectives
- Prepare quotations and present approved quotes to customers
- Manage order from initial customer contact through acceptance of order. Responsible for compilation and verification of all data and information required for order booking and fulfillment.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up as needed
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with established and prospective customers
- BS/BA in Food Science, Business Administration or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in internet or inside sales, preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Self-motivated with solid organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Handle multiple issues simultaneously and effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred but not required
Senior R&D Innovation Technologist
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks an experienced, creative individual with a strong food science background to join our team. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of R&D/Innovation experience in the food/beverage industry, possess strong technical background and excellent communication skills. Some domestic travel required.
The Senior Innovation Technologist is responsible for developing new formulations and ideas to drive innovation by supporting innovation activities with design work and facilitation of testing through the lab for internal as well as external projects. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for conceptualizing new ideas, flavor profiles and formulas using iTi’s product line of fruit juices, purees and concentrates. He/she will work directly with the Innovation manager to determine needs for innovation projects, establish timelines and goals, and address any questions or issues that may arise.
- Grow the Innovation Library of Formulas
- Support a communication flow through product management and the sales team for formulations and ideas
- Support sales team on customer visits with product tastings and technical presentations
- Monitor, explore, and share new information, technologies, products processes and trends within the food industry
- Maintain the Innovation Lab and R&D areas
- Interact with customers on specific formulation or product questions
- Be a contact for the sales team on questions related to products
- Set up innovation tastings when sales team is in town
- Review and provide feedback on new experimental materials, including sensory, and potential for use in applications
- Attend industry tradeshows and any relevant courses
- Order and maintain inventory for trade show materials
- Compose trip reports and determine how best to apply innovation ideas for both internal and external customers
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in related food science field preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
iTi Tropicals offers a friendly, progressive work environment, a competitive base salary along with an incentive plan and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401K with company match.
Technical Sales Manager
iTi Tropicals, the leading supplier of tropical and exotic fruit juice concentrates and purees in North America, seeks an experienced, highly motivated Technical Sales Manager to join our team. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills.
• Developing customer-based strategic plans for new and existing customers
• Identifying prospective customers and cross-selling across multiple product lines
• Interfacing at all levels of a customer’s organization including R&D, Food Safety, Marketing and Purchasing while developing personal relationships with key decision makers
• Making technical sales presentations that showcase iTi’s product lines
• Attending national and regional trade shows
• Gathering and analyzing customer needs and interests and identifying new application opportunities for existing and new products/services.
• Minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience in the food and beverage industry
• B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related discipline
• Strong, existing relationships with food & beverage manufacturers
• Proven success and a solid track record of selling commercial ingredients
• Strong project management, planning, organization, and communications skills
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Domestic travel required.
iTi Tropicals offers a competitive base salary along with a bonus plan and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401K with company match.
Please submit resumes through our Employment Opportunities page on our website: https://ititropicals.com/employment-opportunities/