Functional Fruit Ingredients
Consumers are continually seeking more natural and holistic approaches to health, wellness, and nutrition. They are looking for products that provide an added functional benefit to support their specific health needs. At iTi Tropicals, functional fruit ingredients are our specialty. Our product portfolio offers an extensive line of functional ingredients including: juices, purees, and juice concentrates. Continue reading to learn more about some of the functional fruit products iTi Tropicals offers!
Acai: The Amazonian Superfruit
Acai, a known superfruit, has many unique, defining functional properties, including:
- Naturally occurring antioxidants and anthocyanins that can help support immune health.
- Naturally occurring omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9. The overall fatty acid profile of acai is similar to that of olive oil.
- Acai is one of the only fruit berries that has a very low sugar content.
Acai puree from iTi Tropicals is a great addition to any application.
Coconut Water: Nature’s Hydrating Powerhouse
Coconut Water, known for its hydration properties, contains naturally occurring essential electrolytes, making coconut water a “great-ade” (see what we did there?!) in hydration. Coconut water contains the following five electrolytes:
Naturally boost electrolyte content and hydration properties in beverages, soups, and more with coconut water and coconut water concentrate.
Vietnamese Dragon Fruit: Unique, Exotic and Functional Ingredient
Dragon Fruit, also known as Pitaya, is one of iTi Tropical’s most exotic fruits. This fruit has a light flavor that can be blended seamlessly with other fruits or consumed on its own.
Dragon Fruit contains naturally occurring antioxidants including:
- Dragon Fruit is also low in calories, sugar, and carbohydrates.
Add Dragon Fruit to any application to boost color, increase antioxidants, and add a touch of sweetness.
Brazilian Acerola: The Flavorful, Plant-Based vitamin C Solution
Consumers are looking for more products that help them consume their recommended daily intake of Vitamin C naturally.
Acerola puree and concentrate is the perfect ingredient to add to any beverage product line.
- 100 grams of Acerola puree, NFC, contains 20x times the recommended daily intake value of vitamin C. A little bit of Acerola goes a long way in application.
Tags:  functional fruit ingredients