Recipe: Smokey Butternut Squash Soup
As the leaves start to change colors and the nights become colder, consumers naturally seek warm comfort foods to satisfy their cravings. Hearty soups and stews are perfect meal options to give the consumer a taste of the changing seasons.
Elevate familiar comfort foods with unexpected, exotic flavors from tropical fruits. Many of our product offerings pair beautifully with the savory flavors of fall. Coconut cream brings a decadent mouthfeel to ordinary recipes, while providing a creamy alternative for customers looking for plant-based soups and stews. Or, trade standard vegetable stock with a coconut water stock base for a flavor profile that is savory, salty, and sweet.
As millennials continue to drive desire for discovery and innovation when it comes to new foods and flavors, soup consumption is on the rise in many new formats. While one may think that fruits only pair well with chilled summer soups, a fruity kick may be exactly what you need to enhance your soups and stews this fall.
Give our unique Butternut Squash Bisque recipe a try! This indulgent soup features iTi’s coconut cream, coconut oil, banana puree, and coconut water. See for yourself how it brings something pleasantly different to your palate, while warming consumers up on a cool autumn night.
Check out the link below to see our recipe for coconut water stock, which is featured in the recipe below.
Smokey Butternut Squash Soup
|iTi Product: 2990 Organic Virgin Coconut Oil||2.97|
|iTi Product: 2200 Coconut Cream, No Stabilizers||9.70|
|iTi Coconut Water Stock||8.35|
|Butternut Squash Puree||52.33|
|Red Pepper Flakes||0.06|
|iTi Product: 1200 Banana Puree, Non-Acidified||4.18|
|Liquid Smoke Mesquite||0.57|
|Dried Orange Peel||0.22|
1. Measure all ingredients. In a small stockpot, add coconut paste and heat on medium-high heat. Mince onion and garlic and add to stockpot once coconut paste has melted. Sautee until fragrant.
2. Deglaze the pan with some of the coconut water stock and add all of the spices. Sautee for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash puree, liquid smoke, 1200 Banana Puree, 2100 coconut cream, and remaining stock.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30-35 minutes.
5. Garnish with roasted seeds or parsley. Enjoy warm.
Request your free samples of the products used by visiting our website!
Tags:  plant-based soup butternut squash soup