Recipe Roundup: Holidays 2017
Our team is getting into the holiday spirit in the iTi Innovation Kitchen. Our expert food scientists shook things up with 6 tropically charged recipes that will stand out on shelf this season. Try incorporating these into your own holiday product selection!
Ginger Acerola Moscow Mule
Ginger and lime pair well together. Acerola and lime pair well together. So we figured… ginger and acerola must pair well together too – and we were right! Don’t believe us? Try it yourself!
|iTi Tropicals Acerola Puree
- Combine all ingredients
- Shake/Mix and serve over ice
Acerola Cranberry Sauce
Adding acerola to your favorite holiday side dish will only make your guests love it more. Acerola is high in Vitamin C and consumer liking. This sauce can be consumed with turkey or chips, but it works well on its own too!
- Combine all in a food processor
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight
Passionfruit Chili Sauce
Tropical fruits are extremely versatile. Combining passionfruit’s tangy characteristics with chili peppers capsaicin results in a sauce that will be popping with flavor!
|Chili Peppers (Minced)
|White Onion (Minced)
- Use olive oil to sauté onion, garlic and pepper
- Add juice, vinegar and water to pan
- Mix sugar and cornstarch separately, then add to pan
- Cook for 15 minutes, stir occasionally or until thick
- Season to taste
- Let cool
Passionfruit Meringue Pie
Passionfruit’s tart flavor is similar to that of a lemon. It’s also similar in color. Add a tropical twist to a traditional holiday pie, and leave your guests feeling extra warm inside!
|11 Inch Pie Shell
|5 egg yolks
|350 g (200/150g)
|3 egg whites
- Bake pie crust according to direction on packaging; then remove from heat
- Cook Passionfruit juice until it comes to a boil, then remove and cool
- Mix cornstarch into 200 g of sugar
- Slowly add and whip cornstarch/sugar mixture into whipped yolks
- Add cooked juice with yolks, sugar and cornstarch mix
- Cook in a pot on low heat, and stir continuously until mix becomes thick
- Transfer cooked filling into cooked pastry shell
- Beat 3 egg whites first, then and 150g of Sugar and Tartar in a bowl; mix until it becomes stiff
- Spread the whipped meringue in the pie
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 min or until golden tips
Coconut Milk Matcha Latte
Did you know? One cup of matcha is equivalent to 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional and antioxidant content. In fact, matcha is known for its “alert calm,” meaning that it’ll boost your energy and concentration without jitters, like coffee can. Try offering your customers a non-dairy and vegan option by using coconut milk instead of traditional dairy. The mouthfeel of coconut milk provides a decadent creaminess perfect for cozying up this winter.
|Organic matcha powder (Japanese matcha is our preference)
|Boiling hot water
|Coconut milk made with iTi Tropicals coconut cream
|Organic maple syrup
- In a small glass bowl, combine matcha with hot water and stir until matcha is dissolved.
- Add matcha water to a large, high-powered blender (We recommend Vitamix or Nutribullet) with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a coffee mug and enjoy!
Coconut New Year Celebration Rice
This rice dish is cooked with coconut milk and delicately infused with spices. In Sri Lanka, it’s a dish that associated with special occasions such as weddings, New Year celebrations and special guests. Make it the new tradition during your own celebrations!
|Long grain rice
|Onions, finely sliced
|Coconut milk- click here to see how to use iTi Tropicals coconut cream to make your coconut milk
|Garnish with shredded coconut and cashews
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until golden brown.
- Add all the other ingredients except the rice and coconut milk. Fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the rice, stirring continuously until the rice is well coated with all ingredients.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, all the spices will rise to the top. Serve hot.
With all of these recipes, we’re hoping to inspire some tropical cheer this holiday! Contact us today to request a sample of any of our ingredients
Tags:  application holidays Innovation recipe roundup