Add a tropical, exotic twist to a traditional margherita pizza with guava puree. Guava is the perfect of ingredient to incorporate into a tomato sauce because it adds a touch of sweetness and dimension! Guava also compliments fresh basil and mozzarella cheese with its sweet, yet tangy flavor.
Check out the recipe video below to learn how to make a Guava Margherita Pizza!
Guava Margherita Pizza Sauce
3500 Aseptic Pink Guava Puree
1. Measure all ingredients.
2. Combine 3500 Guava Puree and tomato sauce in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Add salt, red pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano to the 3500/tomato sauce mixture. Mix well.
4. Set the sauce aside. Pizza topping ingredients and assembly directions continued on next page.
Guava Margherita Pizza Toppings and Assembly
Guava Tomato Sauce (recipe above)
1. Roll out pizza dough and measure all ingredients.
2. Slice the mozzarella and set aside.
3. Using a ladel, spread out the guava tomato sauce.
4. Once the sauce has been spread onto the dough, add a layer of fresh basil, followed by a layer of mozzarella cheese.