Recipe: Pineapple Barbecue Sauce
Add a tropical twist to condiments with pineapple juice and pineapple juice concentrate. Pineapple is the perfect ingredient to incorporate into sauces because it adds sweetness and imparts a unique, exotic flavor. iTi Tropicals’ Innovation Team has developed a Pineapple Barbeque Sauce Concept that incorporates pineapple juice concentrate. Check out the recipe below!
Pineapple Barbeque Sauce
|2990 Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin||2.46|
|Spices, Dry Mustard||0.27|
|Spices, Curry Powder||0.18|
|Spices, Chili Powder||0.08|
|Spices, Black Pepper||0.04|
|Vinegar, Red Wine||0.27|
|8800 Aseptic Pineapple Juice Concentrate, 61 Brix||0.03|
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add the coconut oil and heat for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté until fragrant. 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and all of the spices. Sauté for an additional 4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar and allow to reduce by half. 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 8800 Pineapple Juice Concentrate, molasses, and water.
- Allow to cook until a nappe consistency is achieved. For a smoother consistency, strain the sauce to remove the onions and garlic.
Tags:  pineapple juice concentrate condiments recipe