Enhance Your Soups with this Unique Ingredient Swap!
Cold weather got you feeling sick? Or are you just feeling sick of the cold weather? Whatever the case may be, iTi can help you warm up with some revamped soup recipes. Our innovation team has conjured up a way to improve your soup’s flavor profile – no added salt necessary!
The first step is to skip the usual H2O based broth. Instead, soak your vegetables or bones in coconut water to create a unique and unexpected broth. Because coconut water is naturally high in electrolytes, it is able to provide salty characteristics without having to claim “high sodium” on your label.
Plus, because coconut water has the trademark sweetness of a tropical fruit, using its water brings a subtle sweetness to any soup as well. Choose to utilize coconut’s signature fruity flavor to enhance your soup, or just as easily mask it with the addition of other ingredients.
Fighting off that cold doesn’t have to be so bland.
Here in our innovation center, we developed our own vegetable stock using coconut water. This stock was then used as an ingredient to create a sweet potato bisque. We even incorporated other iTi tropical ingredients such as pineapple and coconut cream. Check it out below, or contact our innovation team today to help you get started on your own unique soup recipe today.
Sweet Potato Bisque
- 68% iTi Tropicals Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 34% Garlic – chopped
- 29% Onion – sliced
- 34% Ginger – chopped
- 61% iTi Tropicals Pineapple Juice Concentrate reconstituted to 12 °Brix
- 08% Coconut Water Vegetable Stock
- 33% Sweet Potato Puree
- 33% iTi Tropicals 24% Fat Coconut Cream
- Sautee garlic, onions and ginger in iTi Tropicals Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Add remaining liquids to pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 1-2 hours.
- Optional – Puree through a blender to achieve smooth consistency
Request a sample of coconut water or any of our other products today!
Tags:  application flavorful ingredient ingredient swaps Innovation soup vegan vegetarian