Discover What’s Possible with WholeFiber™
Granola bars just got tastier and healthier with iTi Tropicals’s Vegan Coconut Milk Powder and wholesome Chicory Root. iTi Tropicals’s innovation team has teamed up with WholeFiber Company to develop a delicious, plant-based crunchy granola bar that is an excellent source of prebiotic dietary fibers.
Who/What is WholeFiber™?
WholeFiber™ is more than a 100% natural, plant-based dietary fiber source. It contains the whole package of healthy prebiotic fibers and other nutrients that are present in a whole chicory root or Jerusalem artichoke tuber. That’s because instead of extracting just one fiber from a vegetable, they preserve the vegetable itself, which contains 4 prebiotic fibers. The result is a ‘third-generation’ dietary fiber, with a prebiotic content of over 85%.
Why use WholeFiber™ as a functional gut health promoting ingredient?
WholeFiber™ provides many benefits, among others:
- Boosts and supports the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Boosts the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, which are essential to your physical and mental health.
- Strengthens your immune system and reduces the risk of some life-threatening diseases.
- Improves bowel movements.
- Contains both soluble fiber, which gives stools bulk, and insoluble fiber which speeds up the stool’s movement through the bowel system. An increased fiber intake can provide relief for constipation.
- Fights type-2 diabetes. Eating more fiber is a crucial step towards reducing that risk and may even reverse the effects. WholeFiber™ makes it easy to boost your fiber intake and meet the recommended 40 g of fiber a day.
In short: it improves the health of the human microbiome, by delivering more of the right nutrients for beneficial gut bacteria to flourish. Whereas other dietary fibers can be compared to a quick snack, WholeFiber™ provides a three-course meal that reaches bacteria throughout the intestinal tract.
How to use in Granola Bars?
Check out the granola bar formulas below! Each bar has 6 grams of prebiotic fiber per serving!
Ancient Grains Bar with Fiber
|2970 Coconut Milk Powder, 100% Coconut||9.55%|
|Light Agave Syrup||18.21%|
|Sunflower Seed Butter||8.20%|
1. Measure all ingredients. In a bowl, combine the buckwheat, amaranth, brown rice, oats, quinoa, WholeFiber™ Cubes, and 2970 Coconut Milk Powder. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
2. Transfer the grain and coconut milk powder mixture to a sauté pan. Heat the grains on medium heat. This allows the fat from the coconut milk powder to melt and mix with the other ingredients more evenly.
3. Continue to heat the grains, stirring the grains every 30 seconds or so until the mixture has become fragrant and the grains have a toasted brown color. About 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the agave syrup. Mix well to combine.
5. Add the sunflower seed butter and mix well. The mixture will be sticky. Put the mixture onto parchment paper and roll out the granola so that it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2″ by 3″ rectangles.
Creamy Coconut Bars with Fiber
|2970 Coconut Milk Powder, 100% Coconut||14.19%|
|White Rice Flour||3.44%|
|Unsweetened Coconut Flakes||8.84%|
|Light Agave Syrup||10.75%|
|Sugar, Dark Brown||6.89%|
|Sunflower Seed Butter||11.67%|
1. Measure all ingredients. In a bowl, combine oats, white rice flour, 2970 Coconut Milk Powder, unsweetened coconut flakes, Whole Fiber Cubes, Whole Fiber Powder, and salt. Mix well to combine
2. Transfer the oat and coconut milk powder mixture to a sauté pan. Heat the oats on medium heat. This allows the fat from the coconut milk powder to melt and mix with the other ingredients more evenly.
3. Continue to heat the grains, stirring the oats every 30 seconds or so until the mixture has become fragrant and the oats have a toasted brown color. About 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the agave syrup and sunflower seed butter. Mix well to combine.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper in an 8″ by 8″ pan. Transfer the granola mixture from the sauté pan to the pan with parchment paper. Spread the granola out evenly in the pan and let cool.
6. Once cool, cut into 2″ by 3″ squares. Top with additional coconut flakes and a chocolate sauce if desired.
To request a free sample of iTi Tropicals’ Coconut Milk Powder, please visit our website.
*WholeFiber™ is only in test markets and not yet commercially available. For more information please visit www.wholefiber.nl
Tags:  granola recipes WholeFiber™ coconut milk powder plant-based recipe