The Ultimate Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Recipe
January 31st is National Hot Chocolate Day! This annual “holiday” celebrates the warm and creamy beverage we love to drink. While the terms hot chocolate and hot cocoa are often used interchangeably, hot chocolate is comfort in a cup no matter what you call it!
If your taste buds are screaming for a
delicious sweet treat to warm you up on a cold winter’s night, check out this cocoa-tastic,
Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa Recipe
|iTi Coconut Cream (24% fat)||30.7%|
|iTi Coconut Water (diluted to 4° Brix)||85.0%|
|Powdered Sugar||3.8 %|
|Espresso Powder||3.8 %|
- Measure all ingredients.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut cream (24% fat) and coconut water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- While the coconut cream and coconut water are coming to a boil, chop the bittersweet chocolate.
- Add the powdered sugar, espresso powder, and chopped chocolate.
- Continue to simmer the mixture until the powdered sugar and espresso powder have dissolved and the chocolate has melted. About ten minutes.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
Optional: Top with dairy-free whipped cream. See the recipe below.
Dairy-free Whipped Cream Recipe
|iTi Coconut Cream (24% fat)||80.77 %|
- Whip the coconut cream in stand mixer on medium speed for 5-6 minutes.
- While the coconut cream is whipping on medium speed, slowly add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Increase the speed from medium to high and continue to whip the coconut cream until stiff peaks form about 5 minutes.
Tags:  hot chocolate national hot chocolate day