Recipe: Passion Fruit Meringue Tarts
It’s week three of Passion Fruit Month at iTi Tropicals! iTi’s Innovation Team is excited to share a tropical twist on a classic favorite: Passion Fruit Meringue Tarts. These tarts are entirely plant-based, gluten-free, and contain only coconut, making them perfect for all consumers.
Check out the recipe below to learn how to make it!
Passion Fruit Tart Crust
|iTi Product: 2970 Coconut Milk Powder, 100% Coconut||21.96%|
|Sweet Rice Flour||20.67%|
|iTi Product: 2990 Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin||3.36%|
- Preheat oven to 350F. Measure all ingredients for Passion Fruit Tart Crust.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and add all ingredients. Blend all ingredients together until the dough forms moist clumps and all ingredients are combined; 25-30 seconds.
- Spray 4, 3-inch loose bottom tart pans with cooking oil. Divide the dough into four, equal size pieces. Place one of the dough pieces into each individual pan, then press the dough evenly into the sides and the bottom of the pan.
- Bake tarts for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Once finished, set aside and prepare Passion Fruit Curd.
Passion Fruit Curd
|iTi Product: 5250 Frozen Passion Fruit Concentrate||15.09%|
|iTi Product: 2990 Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin||5.29%|
- In a pan, combine 5250 Passion Fruit Concentrate and sugar. Bring to a boil and allow the mixture to boil for five minutes, stirring every minute. After five minutes, remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine water and cornstarch Whisk to combine. Place the Passion Fruit mixture back on the onto the stove and slowly whish in the cornstarch slurry. Heat on medium heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes. The mixture will start to thicken into a curd.
- When curd forms, remove from heat and add 2990 coconut oil. Divide the mixture into the prepared tart crust. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Vanilla Meringue Topping
|Cream of Tartar||0.57%|
- Once filling has set, prepare the meringue. In the top of a double boiler or in a metal bowl over simmering water, combine aqua faba, sugar, vanilla extract, and cream of tartar. Mix with a spoon on until temperature is 165°F.
- Transfer to a stand mixer bowl; whip on low speed for one minute, then increase the speed every 20 seconds until high speed. Continue to whip on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared tarts. Brown the meringue with a kitchen torch and enjoy!
To request free samples of the products used, visit our website!
Tags:  passion fruit recipe passion fruit tart passion fruit