Recipe: Ginger Turmeric Chicken Wellness Soup
Soup is often thought of as a remedy for treating common colds, the flu, and various other illnesses because soup is made with nutritious ingredients that include vegetables, herbs, bone broth or stock, and protein.
iTi Tropicals’ Innovation Team has created a Ginger Turmeric Chicken Wellness Soup that utilizes the following functional ingredients:
- Coconut water
- Coconut water contains five essential electrolytes including calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous, all of which aid in hydration. The addition of coconut water to the broth will boost the electrolyte content to help support hydration.
- Chicken bone broth
- Chicken bone broth is made from simmering chicken bones in water with onions, carrots, celery and herbs. This process extracts the collagen, vitamins, and minerals from the bones for a flavorful and nutrient dense broth.
- Fresh ginger root and turmeric
- Ginger root and turmeric are often used as an herbal treatment for illnesses due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A variety of vegetables including kale, sweet potatoes, onions, and celery
- Each vegetable has a unique vitamin and mineral composition. Together, the vegetables provide a variety of different vitamins and minerals for overall wellness.
Check out the recipe below to learn how to make our Ginger Turmeric Chicken Soup
Ginger Turmeric Chicken Soup
|2990 Organic Coconut Oil, Virgin||0.56|
|*Coconut Water Stock (see recipe below)||39.20|
|2200 Aseptic Coconut Cream, NO Stabilizers||2.48|
|Bone Broth, Chicken, No Sodium||25.97|
1. Prepare *Coconut Water Stock (see recipe below), prior to making Ginger Turmeric Chicken Soup.
2. Measure out all ingredients. Peel the onions, potatoes, ginger, and garlic. Discard the peels. Dice the onions into 1/4-inch cubes. Mince the ginger and garlic.
3. Dice the celery into 1/4-inch cubes. Remove the stems from the kale and chiffonade. Dice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. In a medium-size pot, heat the coconut oil.
5. Once the oil has melted, add the onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the celery. Sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the garlic and ginger, sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice, then add the Coconut Water Stock, bone broth, and all spices.
9. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Add the coconut cream and kale.
11. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Coconut Water Stock
|2610 Frozen Coconut Water Concentrate||7.18|
|Whole Black Peppercorns||0.47|
1. Rinse and rough chop the carrots, leeks, celery, onions, and garlic.
2. Fill a large stockpot with water and coconut water concentrate.
3. Add the vegetables to the coconut water and bring to a boil.
4. Boil for 15 minutes, then depouillage the stock to remove any impurities. Reduce to a simmer
5. Simmer on low-medium heat for 2 hours.