Recipe: Eggnog Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Cranberry Jam
As the holiday season comes around, consumers get into the spirit with classic holiday beverages, foods, and desserts. One classic holiday favorite comes to mind this time of year – eggnog of course. Typically made with milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and spices, similar to ice cream and custards, it’s easy to understand why so many consumers gravitate towards eggnog! iTi Tropicals has put a tropical twist on this holiday favorite by creating a unique, dairy-free dessert—Coconut Cream Eggnog Panna Cotta topped with Passion Fruit Cranberry Jam. Check out the recipe below to learn how to make this tasty dessert!
|2200 Aseptic Coconut Cream, NO Stabilizers||42.14|
|Natural Creamy Flavor||0.01|
- First prepare dairy-free eggnog. Measure all ingredients.
- Combine 2200 Coconut Cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, turmeric, natural flavor, and water in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- While the coconut cream is being brought to a boil, whip the egg yolks and sugar together in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Once the coconut cream mixture is boiling, use the mixture to temper the whipped egg yolks.
- After the egg yolks have been tempered, heat the mixture for an additional 4-5 minutes until the temperature reaches 180°F.
- Remove from heat and prepare to make the panna cotta.
Dairy-Free Eggnog Panna Cotta
|Dairy-Free Eggnog (refer to the formula above)||92.68|
- Place cold water in a small condiment cup. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water evenly and let stand until the gelatin in absorbed.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the warm eggnog. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Place desired dessert glasses on a baking sheet. Pour the eggnog mixture into glasses, filling 2/3 of the way full. # of desserts will depend on the size of the glass.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once the panna cotta has set, prepare the cranberry passion fruit sauce.
Cranberry Passion Fruit Jam
|5000 Frozen Passion Fruit Juice, NFC||18.08|
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and 5000 Passion Fruit Juice in a medium size pan. Bring to a boil. Once the berries begin to pop, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Mash the berries with the back of a spatula until all berries have been broken down and the consistency is similar to a jam.
- Let cool in the refrigerator.
- Once the jam has cooled, spoon it on top of the panna cotta until the remainder of the glass is full.