Recipe: Dairy-Free Chocolate
Chocolate is one of the most popular sweets on the market. Whether chocolate is consumed as an indulgent dessert or as a sweet treat, consumers enjoy chocolate. Why do consumers enjoy chocolate so much? It tastes good, it smells good, and it melts in your mouth.
There are a number of consumers who aren’t able to enjoy chocolate because of a dairy intolerance or allergy, or other dietary restrictions such as plant-based or veganism, but iTi Tropicals’ has the perfect solution. iTi Tropicals’ offers coconut milk powder that is 100% coconut. This ingredient makes a great replacement for dried milk solids in chocolate and does not impart a coconut flavor.
Check out the recipe below to see how iTi uses coconut milk powder in chocolate!
|2970 Coconut Milk Powder, 100% Coconut||13.93|
|Liquid Sunflower Lecithin||0.50|
- Measure all ingredients. Prepare a double broiler by bringing a pot of water to a simmer and placing a heat resistant bowl on top of the pot.
- Add the cocoa liquor and cocoa butter to the prepared double broiler. Allow both ingredients to melt, stirring every minute.
- While the cacao liquor and cacao butter are melting, combine the powdered sugar and 2970 Coconut Milk Powder. Blend in a food processor for 1 minute- do not allow the mixture to turn into a paste.
- Once the cocoa liquor and cocoa butter have melted, add the sunflower lecithin. Mix well to combine.
- Add the 2970/powered sugar mixture to the cocoa mixture. Whisk until completely combined.
- Once combined, remove the mixture from heat and transfer to a food processor. Blend for 5-10 minutes to further refine the mixture.
- Transfer from the food processor and pour into desired molds. Allow the chocolate to set for a minimum of two hours at room temperature.
Check out our website to learn more about our products and what we offer! See something you’re interested in? Request a free sample here.
Tags:  dairy free chocolate recipe coconut milk powder