Recipe: Coconut Cream Hot Cocoa
As the crisp winter air starts to settle in, the craving for a warm and toasty beverage is born. A nice cup of hot cocoa always hits the spot on a chilly winter night and will keep your customers satisfied. When the snow is falling and friends are calling “you-who”, give your customers the option of a scrumptious coconut hot cocoa, the perfect marriage of two beloved ingredients: coconut cream and chocolate. With these two ingredients snuggled up together like two birds of a feather should be, customers will be pleased to have this vegan beverage option this holiday season!
Why Coconut Cream?
Nutrients- Unlike many other dairy-free alternatives, coconut cream is not lacking in nutritional content. In addition to being cholesterol-free, coconut cream contains lauric, caprylic and capric acid, all medium-chain fatty acids.
Clean Label – iTi Tropicals’ coconut cream is 100% natural and GMO-free.
Flavor – Slightly sweet with a bold coconut flavor that is free from off-flavors and after tastes.
Versatility- Coconut cream is an excellent plant-based alternative for cream or milk in a variety of applications such as sumptuous cupcakes, creamy custards, decadent cheesecakes, whimsical icings or a delicious hot cocoa.
Check out the recipe below to make plant-based, dairy-free hot cocoa!
Coconut Cream Hot Cocoa
|2200 Aseptic Coconut Cream, NO Stabilizers||43.97|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1.43|
- Measure all ingredients. Divide the water in half. Combine 2200 Coconut Cream and half of the water to make coconut milk, set aside.
- Bring remaining half of water to a boil, mix in unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine coconut milk, brown sugar, bittersweet chocolate, pure vanilla extract and salt. Simmer over medium heat until slightly bubbling and the dark brown sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in water and cocoa powder mixture until all ingredients are combined
- Consider adding coconut whipped cream on top to make this beverage offering extra special and memorable!
Tags:  hot cocoa coconut cream