Passion Fruit: The Perfect Ingredient for Ultimate Taste
Who doesn’t want a little more passion in their life?
Consumers are seeking out exotic flavors more than ever – and the flavor profile that passion fruit offers is the epitome of “exotic”! Give consumers just what they’re looking for by infusing some passion into your product offerings with the addition of passion fruit! A little bit of this tart, robust ingredient goes a long way. Give your applications the boost they need to go from pleasant to exceptional by adding iTi Tropicals passion fruit juice to your formula.
What does passion fruit bring to the table?
In addition to its indulgent flavor, passion fruit is high in Vitamin A, and is a rich source of antioxidants. Grown in tropical and subtropical regions, the name of the fruit itself will add alluring appeal to your ingredient list. Passion fruit maintains itself as a popular ingredient in Europe, and has been steadily gaining traction in the United States and other areas of the world. Passion fruit pairs well with a wide variety of ingredients, such as banana, mango, guava, coconut and more. Even a small addition of iTi Tropicals’ passion fruit juice will make a big impact on the flavor and uniqueness of your product!
Why are we so excited about passion fruit?
Versatility! Passion fruit can be incorporated into a wide range of applications, both savory and sweet. From salsas (like our 7 ingredient passion fruit mango salsa), marinades, and vinaigrettes, to ice creams, sorbets, and baked goods, the addition of passion fruit can really differentiate the flavor profile of your product line. iTi Tropicals is proud to offer the highest quality frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, passion fruit juice, and passion fruit essence. Consider incorporating some of iTi’s passion fruit products into your next savory dish or sweet treat, and give your consumers something exotic to look forward to!
As another example of how passion fruit can be used, the iTi Innovation Team has created a sweet recipe for delightful macarons filled with passion fruit cream. Give it a try – your consumers will be passionately pleased!
Almond Flour: 21.68%
Powdered Sugar: 38.26%
Egg Whites: 22.95%
Granulated Sugar: 16.57%
Vanilla Extract: 0.54%
- On a sheet of parchment paper, use a pencil to lightly draw 1 inch circles, 1/2 an inch apart. Then place the parchment paper on a baking sheet, with the pencil markings facing down. This will be the outline for your macaron batter.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (almond flour and powdered sugar).
- Combine wet ingredients: First, beat egg whites on high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar to the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then, fold in vanilla extract.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in with a spatula, scooping up from the bottom of the bowl. Add the remaining half of the dry ingredients and fold in to form the macaron batter.
- Press and spread out the batter against the edge of the bowl and fold back 15 times.
- Pour the batter into a pastry bag and squeeze the batter onto the outlined parchment paper, filling in the outline of the 1 inch circles.
- Let the macrons stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to dry.
- Bake at 375 ⁰ F (190 ⁰ C) for 15 to 18 minutes.
Passion Fruit Cream
iTi Tropicals Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate: 8.82%
Unsalted Butter, Softened: 39.86%
Egg Whites: 15.87%
Granulated Sugar: 35.26%
Vanilla Extract: 0.19%
- Mix egg whites and sugar. Beat over a double boiler for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and beat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Cut softened butter into pieces. Add one piece of softened butter at a time to the egg white sugar mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and iTi Tropicals Frozen Passion Fruit Concentrate and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer the passion fruit cream to a pastry bag.
- Apply passion fruit cream to the flat side of a macaron puff. Gently press a second macaron puff over the bottom puff covered with passion fruit cream.
Tags:  exotic recipe passion fruit passionfruit