iTi Tropicals is Pleased to Offer Non-GMO Project Verified Products
In keeping up with the “Non-GMO” trend iTi Tropicals is pleased to offer the following products that are Non-GMO Project Verified:
- Under brand name: “Açaí do Amapa Agro Industrial”
- Frozen Organic Açaí (12% solids) and Frozen Organic Açaí (14% solids), listed on the Non-GMO Project website as “Açaí Palmberry Puree”
- Frozen Organic Clarified Açaí listed on the Non-GMO Project website as as “Clarified Açaí Juice”
- Under brand name: “Kara”
- Aseptic Natural Coconut Water, listed on the Non-GMO Project website as “Aseptic Coconut Water Single-Strength”
- Frozen Acidified Coconut Water Concentrate
- Frozen Coconut Water Concentrate
- Aseptic Coconut Cream listed on the Non-GMO Project website as “UHT Coconut Cream 24%”
- Aseptic Coconut Cream (without Carrageenan) listed on the Non-GMO Project website as “UHT Coconut Cream 24% (without carrageenan)”
- Aseptic Coconut Cream- Stabilizer Free listed on the Non-GMO Project website as “UHT Coconut Cream 24% Non Additives”
- Aseptic Pineapple Juice Concentrate
The Non-GMO Project seal is currently the only independent third party certification available to communicate the non-GMO status of a product. The seal maintains a global presence and is recognized in North America and Canada. The seal can be used as a marketing tool designed to provide customers with a clear indication that their products are made with non-GMO food sources. With this verification, food companies can guarantee that none of their food products have been genetically manipulated.
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization that provides consumers with verified sources of non-GMO products. The verification process is robust and thorough, ensuring that food ingredients are in fact from non-GMO sources. The Non-GMO Projects product verification program is a process and product-based program which assesses the compliance of a food product with the Non-GMO Project Standard. In order to become verified the core requirements of traceability, segregation, and testing of higher risk ingredients at critical control points must be met throughout the product supply chain.
The growing awareness and concern about genetically modified organisms is a growing trend in the food industry. Food companies offering products that are Non-GMO Project Verified will gain a competitive edge in the market place. iTi Tropicals will continue to work towards having all of their processor’s products Non-GMO Project Verified by 2017.