Coconut Cream + Hot Chocolate: A Love Story for the Holidays
Enhance the holiday season with unique recipes by incorporating coconut cream into holiday classics, like hot chocolate!
Coconut cream is an excellent plant-based alternative for cream or milk in a variety of applications. Use coconut cream in cupcakes, creamy custards, decadent cheesecakes, icings or a delicious hot cocoa. Transform coconut cream into coconut milk (perfect for hot cocoa!) by simply adding water to reduce the fat content.
Unlike many other dairy-free alternatives, coconut cream is not lacking in nutritional content, making it the perfect ingredient. In addition to being cholesterol free, coconut cream contains lauric, caprylic and capric acid, all medium chain fatty acids. These medium chain fatty acids are “good fats” that are easily digestible, quickly converted into energy, support healthy brain function and development, and are also present in coconut oil.
Customers will be pleased to have this vegan hot chocolate option this holiday season!
Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 565g coconut milk, 17% Fat
- 400g iTi Tropicals Coconut Cream (24% Fat) + 165g Water
- 270g water
- 30g dark brown sugar
- 28g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 13g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3.5g pure vanilla extract
- 0.15g kosher salt
* Combine 400g of iTi Tropicals Coconut Cream (24% Fat) and 165g of water to make coconut milk, set aside
* Bring 270g of water to a boil, mix in unsweetened cocoa powder
* Combine coconut milk, dark brown sugar, bittersweet chocolate, pure vanilla extract and kosher salt. Simmer over medium heat until slightly bubbling and the dark brown sugar is dissolved
* Slowly whisk in water and cocoa powder mixture until all ingredients are combined
Consider adding coconut whipped cream on top to make this beverage offering extra special and memorable!
Tags:  hot chocolate holidays drinks coconut milk coconut cream Coconut Applications